Saturday, October 11, 2008

Postcard from National Poetry Day


The theme of this year's National Poetry Day was 'Work'. At Cannon Hill Writers Group we devoted the weekly meeting to poetry and arranged a display of work poems in the poetry section of Hall Green Library. That's my extremely short effort you can see in the picture.
We then spent the evening sharing a variety of poems - joined by the brand new Birmingham Poet Laureate, Chris Morgan, and afterwards retired to the pub.
Great fun, this poetry lark.

What's that? You can't read it? OK then, here it is.

Public Sector Reorganisation

You want me to apply
For the job which I
already do?
The pay will be less,
the responsibility more.

It certainly seems
just perfect for me.
A familiar
situation
I'd be keen to explore.

Again.

No comments: