Sunday, January 25, 2009

Postcard from outside



Even if politicians get slammed for talking about 'green shoots', it's nice to see the real thing coming through. Forget spin or economic analysis, the world is still turning and it's snowdrop season!

This weekend has also been the RSPB's Big Garden Birdwatch. Eighteen feathered guests visited us. All common species, but it's good to have the company. Good to have an excuse to gaze out the window too. Sitting in a dazed stupor can often be put down to the hard work of preparing to write (!), but this weekend it's all in the name of nature conservation.

I might brew a cuppa, find a comfy chair and take another look. The birds and the bulbs are getting busy.

4 comments:

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant ce ai postat.M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazut chiar e frumos si interesant.Felicitari si sigur am sa mai revin!

Katharine D'Souza said...

Hi Cioara
my Romanian is rusty (!) but for the benefit of those with none, a rough translation is
'What you posted is very interesting. I looked at your blog and liked what I saw, it's really nice and interesting. Am sure I will be back!'

To which all I can say is va multumesc, thank you!
K

TARguy said...

All this and you speak Romanian too!

Is there no end to your talent???

G.

Katharine D'Souza said...

There is quite literally no start to my command of the Romanian language. It's a flaw I hope Cioara will forgive in me!